Monday, November 4, 2013

Am I really that CRAZY!!! UMMMM HELL YES!!:)

A few weeks ago I signed up for the 2014 Salt Lake full marathon. 26.2 miles!!! Why yes, I am that CRAZY!!! Hahaha  As I have posted before, training for and running a full Marathon is NO JOKE!!! It was by far the very hardest thing I have ever done in my life. Yes even harder then natural (I'm talking 100% natural no meds at all!!) child birth which I did with all 4 of my boys.
Just now I started reading all my old posts about my Marathon journey and to be honest it started to freak me out. Am I ready to start this all over again??? Running for HOURS and HOURS for Miles and miles, running in the freezing cold and on the treadmill for HOURS. I only have about 2 months left until I start my hard core training. I have been keeping up with my weight training but I will need to do what I did last time. Super heavy weights with lower reps. I also want to lose  some weight. I want to be in even better shape then I was this year during my Marathon.
I REALLY want to PR. This year I ran my Marathon in 4:45 but if my knee didn't act up at mile 18 on, I bet I could have ran it about 15-20 minutes faster. We shall see. All that really matters is I finish:)
I am sad that my best friend and runner buddy wont be running the full with me in 2014:( But that's OK, she has better plans for her in the year 2014:)
 I am running the Thankful 13 which is a half marathon 13.1 miles on Thanksgiving morning. I ran this race last year and loved it. I am so excited for this year's race because my 2 older boys will  be running in the kid loop and I will be running with them to help push them:) I will be so sore that day but I can't wait:)
 Everyone don't be surprised when you start seeing a million post about my running soon. Haha. It helps keep me going. If you don't like it, delete me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment