Monday, December 31, 2012

Marathon training day 1

I have been running on and off for about 4 years now. I remember when I couldn't even run a full mile without stopping, and when I finally could run a mile with out stopping, it took me about 12 minutes. Now I can run a mile at 8.26 average and my fastest mile was 7.26. I have ran 6 5ks, 1 10k and 4 half Marathon. I have NEVER had any interest to run a full marathon. 26.2 miles are you kidding me????? No thank you!!!!! But............ I have since changed my mind. After running 3 half Marathon's in 3 months this year 2012, I decided that I actually do want to run a marathon. So I started doing research trying to find which race would be best for me. I wanted something in the Spring so I wouldn't change my mind. I finally found the race for me. SLC full Marathon. The race is April 20th. I signed up 3 months ago so I can't back out.
I am doing a 16 week training program and today was day 1. My first run was only 3 miles but it's still crazy to think that I am finally "in training" mode. The picture above is what I ran in this morning. SNOW and I love it. I took this pic in my neighbor hood but once on the main roads, the roads were cleared for the most part. I love running in the cold and love the snow falling on my face. I am so excited and scared at the same time. I have never pushed myself this hard and can't wait to accomplish this amazing goal.
Oh, and I just found out that my bestie is running the Marathon with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment