Saturday, October 11, 2014

New Adventure

Goodness where to begin!! This year 2014 has been a super lazy year for me. I don't know what it is, but after my full Marathon in April, I just couldn't get in the groove. I wasn't working out as hard as I normally do and my diet well...... has been crap!
My biggest weakness has always been maintaining. I am a horrible maintainer. I usually do really well until I reach a certain goal then back to my old habits. One good thing is I know what to do. I am not one for the "fad" diets. Good ol diet and exercise work best for me but I struggle with the eating healthy part all the time. LOL I love fast food and LOVE eating a million carbs a day. LOL


2 weeks ago I had to have another foot surgery. Which means a super long recovery, no weight on foot for a long time, which means no lower body for at least 6+months and probably take a full year until I am 100%
This is HUGE for me. I am super independent and don't like to be taken care of. I am also super active so it's been a struggle to just lay in bed 99% of my day. I was also told I can never run again :( My foot is so bad that it's not worth the risk. I have to be honest, I have been struggling a bit. It's so hard to not be active, not being able to go to the gym. You don't know how bad I want to just drip with sweat and be sore head to toe from a good work out :( It's been super hard. but it's life and I need to just accept my injury, heal, and be very patient.


This past year I have gained weight and inches. I look at pictures and it's crazy to think I was ever that fit. I'm not one looking to be skinny, I just like to be fit and healthy.
I've decided that I am not going to let my injury hold me down. I talked with my Doctor asking if it would be ok if I lifted weight for upper body only and abs. He said that it totally fine. I'm going to try my best to get Fit with my injury. To prove to myself that it can happen. Of course a huge part is my diet. Diet is a must, and by diet I mean eating healthy.


My sweet hubby brought up all my weights and bench so I can get going. I'm excited to start my journey once again. I'm glad I doing my blog again because it helped me so much last time.  So here I go. On to a healthy fit life with an injury.




No comments:

Post a Comment