Wednesday, April 17, 2013

3 more days!!!

I can't believe I only have 3 more days until my race!!!! I remember when I signed up over 6 months ago, and how I wasn't sure how I was going to get through this. These last 16 weeks have been the hardest thing I have ever been through. Hours and hours of running, ran over 400 miles, weight training, changing my diet, and VERY sore legs/body.
As the days and hours go by, I am getting more and more nervous. I know I am more then ready for this race, but I am so nervous for the pain that I will be in:/ When ever I finish a really long run, I take a bath right away, but this time I can't do that. I probably wont be home until at least 2 hours after my race, and when you are in a race, you push yourself even harder and I will be running the furthest I have ever ran. I am SCARED!!!! I think I will have my husband bring Ice so I can ice my legs right when I finish. I have REALLY had to prepare myself mentally this week. I am more quite and trying to just rest and chill as much as possible. I'm not sleeping well and making myself have an upset stomach. That's how nervous I am:/
I can't wait to cross that finish line and to see my family there. My husband said he can't wait either, hahaha he's ready for me to be done for a bit with running, but that's not going to happen:) I have a race almost every month this year but this will be my only Full for the year and maybe for ever. We shall see if I do it again. My poor foot (my bad one that I had my surgeries on) is starting to act up this week and both my knees are acting up a little bit too.
Today I am scheduled for a 2 mile WALK. I think I will just do this walk on the treadmill at the gym so I can sit in the Sauna afterwards:)
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment