Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I WILL RUN!!!!!!!


Yesterday was one of the biggest events for a runner. The Boston marathon. Not anyone can run this race, you have to qualify to run this race. I have a bunch of runner pages that I follow on facebook and I was so excited for my running community to run in this amazing event. As the day had gone by, I heard what had happened:( My heart just broke and I instantly started crying. Why, oh why are there such evil people in this world??? I fear for my children to grow up in such a scary evil world:(
In honor of everyone in Boston, I will be wearing one of my racing shirts. Most of the running pages I am a part of suggested that all us runners wear them.
This quote was from one of the running pages:

"I hope you'll join me in supporting our ENTIRE running family by wearing a race t-shirt tomorrow... Let's all stand together and let the world know that our runner's spirit is not broken, but stronger because we are a part of this amazing, resilient family.

Wearing a race t-shirt will not change what happened today, but it will help us find a way to heal and remind us all that we will rise again to run another day - NO ONE and no amount of hate will keep us from our goals and dreams.

We are runners.

And we will run."


I am proud to be a runner and wont stop. I am still running in the Salt lake Full Marathon this Saturday and I will be dedicating this race to Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment