Thursday, April 11, 2013

Kids

Tonight I went on a Date night at The Olive Garden with my Oldest son who is 8 1/2.  While we were driving home, I told him that I needed to work out again tonight since I ate soooooooo much. Blahhhh not a fan of the Olive Garden. I always feel like crap when I eat there.  I had gone to the gym a few hours before we went to dinner and my son then said, "Mom, you exercise almost every single day and are always skinny, and every day you look the same. Why do you keep exercising!!??" I had to explain to my son again (we have had this talk a few times now) all the benefits of exercise and healthy eating. I told him the reason I stay the size that I am is because I eat healthy and exercise, how exercise builds muscle and makes me stronger, how important it is for me to be healthy so I can take care of my family, how there is no way I could run as fast as I do or as long if I didn't exercise etc. I have no idea if he was really listening to what I had to say, but it is soooooo important to teach our child the importance of being healthy. I'm not talking about being skinny, I never promote being "skinny" I mean being HEALTHY!!!.
When we got home, I told my husband what we had talked about in the truck, and my 6 year old said "Yeah, you have to exercise to make you have big muscles so you can fight the bad guys off"  Hahah I guess that's another reason to be fit, but lets hope that NEVER happens:/
I just think it's so amazing what our little children take it. How observant they really are. I want to be the best example I can for my boys and hope that we can all live a long and healthy life. I love my little family so much. Everything I do is for them. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment