Thursday, April 4, 2013

Stronger and stronger


It's crazy to think how far I have come in just 3 months. I am so much stronger. I remember only being able to curl 30 pounds on the bicep curling machine, and today I am at 65 pounds, and yes, I  do  full set of reps at 65 pounds. My back, I remember starting around 50 pounds on the back machine, and today I can do 110 pounds and actually I'm pretty sure I can do more but I haven't tried. I will tomorrow:) Shoulder press machine, I started out around 25 pounds and today I can bust out 40 pounds. Leg presses, I am able to do 310 pounds full reps but my legs do get really tired. Not only is that a lot of weight, but I always do my weights after my cardio. So the other day I ran 8 miles on the treadmill and went straight to my leg workouts and my legs were so tired but I was still able to do:)
Strength training is seriously so important. It has helped so much with my running. I can run so much longer and faster without getting so tired. In January I ran the Frigid 5k and won 1st place in my age group with my fastest time of 27.36 and just 1 month later, I ran the Valentine date dash 5k in 23 min. (can't remember the seconds??) So in just 1 month I was able to run over 2 minutes faster which is huge in running.
After my Marathon, I am really going to up my weight training. I still have a long ways to go, but it feels so good to be on the right track, and to finally see some toning all over my body:) It's always a good feeling to actually SEE all the hard work you've done pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment