Saturday, March 2, 2013

16 miles DONE!!!!

Oh my goodness I just ran the furthest I have ever ran EVER!!! 16 miles baby!!! I was nervous for this run because I only ran 7 miles on Wednesday. I didn't run my 4 on Monday or my 4 on Thursday:/ No reason, just got lazy. I was also nervous because I've been running on the treadmill. But I have to say that I felt amazing and very strong on this run. The weather was perfect. It felt so good to have the sun on my face (but very hot for the first 6 miles)
I started to get very tired around mile 13. I got a little emotional when I hit the 13 mile mark. I have ran 13 miles a ton of times, but for some reason, I felt very proud today when I reached that point. I only had 3 more miles to go. I wasn't winded at all but my poor feet, legs and bum were VERY SORE!!!!! I ran mile 15 pretty fast then my last mile I was so done. I finished strong in 2 hours and 34 min. I was sore when I got home but not as bad as I thought I would be. I took a bath right away. I always do this after my runs to help my muscles. It felt great to just chill and relax.

Boy, oh boy, my legs KILL now!!!!!! I can barley move and could totally go to bed right now. I am BEAT!!!! It's crazy to think that I would still have another 10.2 miles to go after my 16. As of now, I would be crawling across the finish line. I defiantly need more training. I am thankful for my rest day tomorrow and I'm sure I will be very sore for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment