Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sun shine

Today is my schedule 5 mile run. The weather is even better today, so outside I went. As I was running, I noticed that it was HOT, actually a little too hot for my liking while running. Although I ran at a good pace, I was beat when I got home. I never bring water with me unless I run 6+ miles, so I might have not been as tired if I had some water. But I can't complain, I am really enjoying this sun shine, and it's so nice to be running outside instead of the gym on the treadmill.
My St. Patty's 5k is in 2 days and I can't wait!!! It's going to be a blast and last I heard there were over 300 people signed up so it's going to be FUN:)
I hope you can all get outside and enjoy this amazing weather. Try and do some workouts outside instead of the gym this week:)

Oh, today I had to go to the store and I decided to try out there blood pressure machine. I was shocked to see that you can not only check your blood pressure, but it can tell you your body fat/ BMI as well. This test is not as accurate as blood work that you would do at the Doctors but it's better then nothing:) I was VERY pleased with my results:) My weight is not correct. It's off by a few pounds I'm not that small yet:) You don't type in your weight, it has you sit and it some how takes it. Ever since I became a runner (4 years ago) I have always had amazing blood pressure. In fact, every time I go to the Doctors, they take my blood pressure and say "You must be a runner" :) See it's a good thing to be a runner:) It's good for the body, mind and soul:)







No comments:

Post a Comment