Saturday, March 9, 2013

Oh boy!!!!!!


So today was my schedule 16 mile run. I went around 3:15. It was chilly but not bad. As I was running, the wind was blowing, but it was coming from behind so I didn't mind at all. Well....... that only lasted for my first 6 miles then BAM 10 miles straight of FREEZING, COLD, FAST, WIND in my face the WHOLE TIME!!!! I was seriously DYING!!!!! Today was defiantly a day that I thought "What the HELL was I thinking" It was HORRIBLE!!!!! I seriously wanted to hitch hike when I hit the 12 mile mark. Because of the wind, it took me 24 minutes longer then last week.
I am soooooo miserable. My body hurts, I'm still freezing, I am so tired. Oh sorry to complain so much but it was the worst run of my life, oh beside the time I ran 6 miles in 95 degree weather with NO water. Yeah that was almost as bad as today's run. Haha
After my run, I went straight into the house, and got in a boiling hot bath. I was soooo FREEZING. My hands wouldn't even work. I couldn't even open my Gatorade bottle. After my 30 minute bath I needed a malt! My husband was gone with the kids so I went to Sonic and got me an Oreo malt. I know, not healthy at all but I don't care. I needed it:)
Every Saturday I am always stuck in my bed after my long runs. I am so tired, and can't move. My husband said today "I really hate the days you run" Hahaha. Sorry love, just another month to go until my race:)
I REALLY hope it's not windy for my 5K next Saturday and my 14 mile run after (I am schedule for 17 total for next Saturday)
Oh the joys of being a runner. Gotta love and hate it at the same time:) But I do have to say, even though I am so miserable right now, I also feel good knowing that I DID IT!! It took forever and was so freaking hard, but I did:)
I am done winning now, sorry for being so down, but it was tough!!! I am going to watch a movie with my hubs. Good night:)

No comments:

Post a Comment