Sunday, March 3, 2013

BEWARE!!!!!

I am so sorry for posting a pic of my VERY UGLY feet, but I wanted to show you what my poor feet go through due to my many miles and hours of running.  My left foot, all toes are bruised except for my big toe.  My right foot, I have no bruising, but my big toe nail did fall off in November and it's grown back only halfway and my pinkie toe nail fell off a few weeks ago.
I have been told that this is happening because I need bigger shoes. That is actually false. I went to my Podiatrist in December when my toes were even worse then they are now. I told him how everyone keeps saying I need bigger shoes. He said that this is VERY common for long distance runners. He actually said that my feet don't look that bad compare to other runners that see him. He said this is very common.
I did get new shoes in December and actually got a full size bigger just to see if it would make any difference even though my Doctor said it wouldn't, and he was right. I am still having the same issues. I have even tried different brands of shoes but he said this is a common side effect for runners and I will just have to deal with it. I think it just depends on how you run. I must run more with my toes?? Oh well, I am just thankful I can run:)

2 comments:

  1. Try tying your laces tighter near the ankle. No matter how big your shoe is, if your feet are sliding around, your toes are gonna hit the end. Also, do your feet a favor and buy some Altra Zero Drop shoes. By doing these two things alone, I never get bruises and I never lose toenails... Even after hundred milers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome thanks Josh. I have never heard of Altra Zero Drop shoes. I will def. look into them.

    ReplyDelete