Thursday, March 7, 2013

Training, training and more training

Yesterday was my schedule 8 mile run. I was going to go the gym but didn't make it so I decided that I would just run on my treadmill after the kids went to sleep. To be honest, I really wasn't in the "running mood" but it had to get done. I turned on my Sex and the City and got my run on. I was maybe 2 miles into my run and I was already sooooooo tired. Ughhhh I was not in the mood but I kept going. I was finally at 3 1/2 miles and my older son came downstairs and said that our baby (he is almost 3) was up. I went up stairs, got him back in bed and went down stairs. Not even 5 min later my older son came down again. Ughhhhh. By the time I got my baby back to bed, 20 minutes had gone by. Any little motivation and energy that I did have was gone, and it was 10:15 pm at this point. I gave up. I was DONE!!! I came up stairs, had a shower and was in bed by 10:40.  I'm a little upset I gave up, but something is better then nothing. Oh, I also forgot to say that my legs were super sore and stiff. I think it's from my 22 mile bike ride I did the night before. Oops:/
Today is my schedule 5 mile run.  It is cold today, but I didn't care, I was running this 5 miles outside. I felt great and finished strong. I still have upper body to do, but I'll do that when I put my boys to bed and while I'm watching my shows:)
It's funny how mental running is. If I have 5 miles then I can do it but barely. 16 miles, no problem but can't go longer. Seriously my hardest run is 3 MILES. Yes just 3 miles. It crazy how tried and worn out I am with just an easy 3 mile run. My 5K races are always so hard. Running is seriously sooooooo mental. I am excited for my rest day of running tomorrow, then Saturday will be another 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment