Saturday, March 16, 2013

St. Patrick's 5k


This afternoon was my St. Patrick's 5k run. Race 3 for the year so far.The race started at 11:00 and it was a little chilly due to the wind, but once you took off, it got HOT! I thought this was a tough race. But 5k's are always hard for me. I am more of a distance runner then a speed runner, but I still did pretty well. My goal was to place in the top 3 so I can get a medal:) I have to be honest, I was a little bummed when I crossed the finish line to see that I placed 4th!!! The girl who got 3rd beat me by 7 SECONDS!!! But it's all good. I placed 4th in women age 30-34 and 17th out of 358 with a time of 25 minutes 11 seconds. So I can't complain:) It was a really fun race and fun to dress up:)

Also, today is my schedule 17 mile run. Since I ran 3.1 miles this morning during my race, I was going to run 14 miles tonight. Well...... that 14 miles turned into 3. I am just so beat. It's been a very long exhausting day. I MAY run the 11 tomorrow to make up my 17, but we will see.
I hope you all have a great St. Patrick's day. I know my boys are REALLY excited:)

No comments:

Post a Comment