Saturday, February 23, 2013

Being healthy as a family

Today while I was at the gym, My hubby stayed home with our boys. My hubs and boys went downstairs to workout. My hubby was talking to them about how important it is to be healthy and exercise and how good your feeling in the inside and out. Our oldest son said "Yeah, like Mom, she exercises all the time and is getting more and more beautiful" Awww what a sweetie:)
When I came home from the gym, My boys told me all about their workouts and what they talked about. My oldest son then said to me " Mom, you have workout too much so now you should take a brake for about 2 months, you are already healthy then in 2 months you can workout again" I then told him " Buddy, you can't just stop. Yes, I am healthy but if I stop then I will no longer be healthy. We have to make sure we always exercise to stay healthy and strong. It doesn't always matter what you look on the outside, we need to always remember to be healthy for our "insides" for our heart, so we can live a longer, healthier life. I do all this hard work for you guys. So that I can always take care of you and be a good example"
I love that our boys love to exercise and we are SLOWLY trying to get them to eat healthier. I have some VERY picky eaters. Veggies are very hard for 3 of my boys to eat, but they are slowly starting to eat them.
I'm not sure if I have posted about this before or not, but my 6 year old is going to run his first race in June. It's a kid 1 mile run. He has already started training (his request) He REALLY wants to win his own Medal. He said that he can't wait to run in a race with me one day:) I can't wait:)
Starting this new week, I am going to have  "family fitness" nights. We will  do some fun exercises as a family. Nothing extreme. I want to make it fun for all of us and try and do this 2-3 days a week.
I am really excited for all of us to be fit and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment