Monday, February 11, 2013

RUN!!!

Today was my schedule 4 mile run and weights. My hubby and I went to the gym together tonight and got our workout on. Mondays and Thursdays are my lowest mile days. My trainer told me this morning that I need to make sure my lowest mile days and my "speed" days. These runs I need to try and work on my speed, so I did that tonight. Lately I run on the treadmill with the pace of 6.5, then the last 1/2 mile I bump it up to 7.7. Today I wanted to push myself. I started at 7.5 and ran at that pace for 3 1/2 miles, then the last 1/2 mile I bumped it to 8.8 and finished my 4 mile run in 32 MINUTES!!!!! That is HUGE for me. My fastest time for a 4 mile run was 35 minutes. I can't believe I beat that time by 3 minutes. I felt GREAT but very tired. After my run, it was time for weights. Remember how my trainer said I have to tone done my workouts and only do 3 sets of 4 reps but very heavy weights? I listened to him and did it. It was kind of weird only doing 4 reps, but I was lifting such heavy weights that I really couldn't do any more. There were a few times that my hubby said do 1 more with a total of 5 reps.
I had a great workout and now super tired. I will be in bed by 10:15 and I am excited:) haha

*Oh before I forget, I can't thank you enough  for all the amazing support and kind words. I get comments from you, I can see that my blog has been viewed a TON of times each day, and it is now been viewed 4263 times, and tonight as I was running on the treadmill, a friend of mine walked by and said that she reads my blog every day and how inspiring it is. You guys have no idea how much that means to me. You guys are the ones that keep me going, and are helping me reach me goal. I can't THANK YOU enough!!!! It makes me feel good knowing that I have helped some of you:) I love that we are all doing this together.
Remember to NEVER give up. You can reach your goals no matter what they are. We all struggle but don't let that stop you. I had a very BAD 8 days of eating crap, and by crap I mean: McDonald's breakfast twice, shakes, fries, treats, chips, soda and so much more. See....... I went all crazy, but by me having a hard 8 days it is NOT going to stop me. I am going to keep going and I WILL reach my fitness goal and I will NOT give up.
Now this Mama is off to bed. PEACE!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment