Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Injuries??

Today I went with my 4 year old preschool class on a field trip to a Doughnut shop. As the kids were eating, I started talking with a few Mom's who I know. They asked me how I stay so thin and what  I do. I told them that I am a runner, healthy eating and exercise. One of the Mom's asked me if I have ever had any injuries because she has bad knees. I think she figured I probably never have, but I told them "Actually yes, I have." I went on to tell them how I have had 2 foot surgery's and how I have 2 screws in my big toe. How all the tendons in my left ankle had to be all rearranged. They couldn't believe it and were shocked.  She asked me how do I do it??? I told her that it takes time, a lot of training. I do have pain at times, but I keep going.
Of course, if you have ANY type of injury, you must get an OK from your Doctor to make sure you wont injury yourself more and cause more damage. I see a Podiatrist regularly and he knows I am a runner. I also wear custom Orthotics that help my poor feet out to have better support.
I have also had other temporary injuries like: Shin splints, and runners knee (worst pain EVER) Just make sure you rest to prevent further injuries.
Again, PLEASE see a Doctor if you have ANY injuries, but if you get the OK, keep going!!!!! It's such an amazing feeling to know that YOU CAN DO IT!!!
 Sorry, my feet are SUPER UGLY, but I wanted to show you my 2 inch scar on my big toe. The 2 screws are right at the joint. Oh, can you see my bruised toe nails??? Yeah, my big toe is fine, but all the rest are all bruised from my running.  I will never have cute feet:/ haha
Same foot but this is my scar from my Ankle work they had to do. I also have a scar on my pinkie toe (same foot) because they had to remove bone. I had a Hammer toe.

No comments:

Post a Comment