Saturday, February 2, 2013

Inspiration


As I was driving home this morning, I saw a girl who looked about my age running on the sidewalk pretty fast. As I was watching her, I noticed she had a full on prosthetic leg. I instantly had tears. Se looked right at me and I gave her a thumbs up and said "YOU GO GIRL" and she had this huge smile on her face. Seriously, it was sooooooo inspiring. I still get chocked up just thinking about it. She is proof that you can do ANYTHING you want in life, you just have to work for it. I don't know that girl, but she is my HERO!!!
We all have our struggles. Weight, body hurts, too tired, too old, sore, what ever, but if you work hard enough, you will see that YOU CAN DO IT!!!! 
There is this guy I always see at the gym that I am pretty sure he is in training for a Marathon as well. He is always there the days I am and always running the same miles I do but much faster. You can totally tell he is a runner. He keeps his pace around 7.5 the whole time!!! Anyways, after his run this morning, I noticed that he had 2 massive scars on both sides of his knee. Right away I knew it must have been knee surgery.  How inspiring is he to have had surgery and he doesn't let that stop him. He keeps going. Even myself, I have had 2 foot surgeries. I have had all the tendons in my left ankle rearranged, hammer toe were they had to chip away my bone on my pinkie toe, I have 2 screws on my big toe that is always painful but I don't let it stop me. I keep going. 
It's important to always remember that you can do anything you want in life, you just have to work for it. 
I am seriously so inspired by these 2 people that I talked about above, and I don't even know them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment