Saturday, February 23, 2013

Week 7 DONE!!

Wahoooo. I am happy to say that week 7 is done. Today was my schedule 14 mile run. Remember that this is the furthest I have ever ran EVER!!!! I started my run at 11:45 at the pace of 6.5 I felt very strong and ran until 6.48 miles then the treadmill turned off (stops at the 1 hour mark) I was running really low on water so I decided to hop off the treadmill for a sec to fill up my water. After I filled up my water I got back onto the treadmill and kept running. I started getting really tired at mile 10. My legs were getting pretty sore. From mile 10-13, I would run 1 mile then slow my pace down to 2.5 and walk for about 2 min. I was BEAT!! I was finally to my last mile, mile 14. I cranked my speed up to 8.0 and took off. I finished in 2 hours and 15 min. After my run, I sat at the end of my treadmill and just sat there with my head down for about 2 min. This was by far the hardest run ever!!! I am still sore, but not as sore as I thought I would be. One thing I know for sure is, I still have a LONG ways to go. 14 miles is a little more then the half way mark. That is very crazy and scary to think about since I about died today. Haha.
It felt great that I have meet another mile stone:) Next week is going to be ROUGH!!! My runs will be 4,7,4,16!!!! Ahhhhhhh If It's not snowing or too cold, then I will run the 16 outside.
 When ever I am running long distance, I always get to the point were I am DONE. I have a little talk with myself and say that " I am doing this for my kids" and I always get a burst of energy and finish strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment