Saturday, February 16, 2013

Week 6 is DONE!!!

This morning I woke up feeling super lazy. I slept pretty good and got about 8 hours of sleep but just felt lazy. Today is NOT the day to be lazy. I had 12 miles that I needed to run. I have to be honest, I almost got McDonald's for breakfast this morning. I know, I know!!!! But, I changed my mind, told my kids to get dressed because we are going to the gym. By the time I got the kids checked into the child care and on my treadmill, it was about 9:35. Since I was running for 12 miles, I didn't want to run too fast. I wanted to make sure I had energy to finish strong. I kept my speed at 6.5 and ran for 6 1/2 miles none stop then the treadmill stops because it stops at the 1 hour mark. The second it stopped, I turned the treadmill back up to 6.5 and got my run on. Around 8 1/2 miles, I did turn my speed down to 2.5 for about 2 minutes. I was starting to feel pretty tired so I needed to catch my breath for a little bit. I turned it back up to 6.5 and kept going. I finally only had 1/2 a mile left, and I turned the speed up to 7.7 and finished. Today I ran 12 miles on the treadmill in 1 hour 50 minutes. I felt really strong this run and this was the longest I had ever ran on the treadmill. Ever!! 10 was the furthest I had ever ran until today. I was and still am super sore and very tired. I really need to take a nap:) Next Saturday I run 13 miles. I'm hoping in the next few weeks it will be warm enough for me to run outside. I don't mind the cold at all, but I don't want to risk getting sick. I can NOT get sick now.
I can't believe how far I have come. Running is my passion. I love it so much.
So......... Diet. Still not 100% like I wanted but I am working on it. It's been really tough for me to get back into the "clean eating" again but I'm not letting it get me down. I am strong and going to continue on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment