Friday, February 1, 2013

Confidence

It's funny how when you start to feel better about yourself and your confidence starts to come back how your mind set changes. For me anyways. For example I could care less about cute workout clothes. I would rather spend my money on something else, but now that I am in the zone,and  feeling great, I want cute workout clothes. Not the expensive ones, I usually always find amazing deals at Ross:) I think some of it has to do with that I go to the gym now and ALWAYS see at least one person I know, and I feel good. When I feel good, I want to look good.
Speaking of the gym, I have ALWAYS felt so uncomfortable working out in the weights. There are just so many men and I feel like I don't push myself as hard. I remember the first week I joined, I would do my cardio, then go home and do weights because I just didn't have any confidence to go over to the weights. Now I don't give a crap. I walk over to the weights and get it done. Last Friday night, I went to the gym and it was pretty dead. I was doing upper body and a group of 4 guys were maybe 10 feet if that from me just looking, and talking. Normally I would just walk away, but I didn't care. I turned my music up and got my bicep curls done, and I did it hard. I finally decided that I can't be afraid of people or a machine, otherwise I will never get to my goal. I still don't like to go over to the "free weights" just because there is always a ton of people over there, so I just go into the room that the classes are in and use the free weights in there. I always see women in there doing the same:)
Years ago when I was in high school, we had this gym that had a women's only section. It was in a totally different room. It had all the cardio and weights you need. I LOVED it. They also had a co-ed section, but I never used it. I wish the gym I go to now had a "women's only" room :) Oh well, it is what it is. I am so happy my confidence is finally coming back. It's amazing how much better I feel inside and out:)

2 comments:

  1. This is exactly why I won't join a gym and prefer to do my workouts at home. I am too self conscious. Until I have some self confidence, I won't be joining a gym. I would worry too much about what others were thinking then about my workout which is what I need to focus on at this point. Yay for you having that self confidence. You are amazing and such an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete